Friday, September 12, 2008

Just returned from our weekly Mummy & Me yoga session.
It's always such a fun class and Hana really seems to love it especially the end of the class when we all get up and dance. She giggles her head off and loves looking at all the other Mums & bubs bouncing around. We are both absolutely exhausted by the end of the class when we all get in a circle to talk about a topic of interest.

Today the discussion was around negotiating time away from your baby. I was surprised to hear that many of the Mothers hadn't even had any time away. Some not out of choice while others couldn't bear to even have a moment away. One Mum with three children commented that if she needs to get away, she has to do it or she gets upset and the children get more clingy and needy.

We are definitely privileged to have Daddy daycare working from home. I really feel so revitalised and refreshed just to have time to myself for even a moment in the day. I've got back to regular exercise this week, been to the pool a few times and even fit in a massage in the morning after I put bub down for her rest. Thanks to an awesome baby who is keeping to a regular sleep routine and the most super Daddy I am getting a nice balance in my life.

And of course, we are sooo lucky to have Nanny Barbie babysit for our weekly Tuesday date night and the Woos come over on Sunday if we want to have a bub free outing. When the other Mums questioned if I felt bad about having time away from my baby?? As much as I think about her while we are apart, I think it is wonderful for both of us. Hana to have undivided attention from her Grandparents, Daddy and friends and me to just take a breather to reflect on how wonderful my life has become.

1 comment:

Zasha said...

Lovely post. You must be looking super fab with the fitness routine you're doing :-) I was thinking about you just the other day and how great it is that you're raising Hana with family around. Excellent decision to move back! It's amazing here in Greece..Nikola is so loved by his grandparents and Stelios & I have been going out every night to dinner, movies, clubbing etc. while he stays at home with yiayia and papou. It's a win-win situation for all. I'm sad to take Nikola back to Tokyo and away from his doting grandparents :-(

Kisses to Hana!