
Happiest Mama on the block!
After nights upon nights of waking (7months or so), I'm finally seeing a light at the end of that very long tunnel. Having been on a routine based loosely around 3-4 hourly feeds, I was feeding Hana before my bedtime at 10pm to ensure only one more wakeup in the early morning (usually between 1-3am). But upon reaching around 6 months, I decided to try to drop that early morning feed by using alternative settling techniques. Depending on the night, this could take anywhere between 5-90 minutes. Only a couple of times did we reach for the bottle out of sheer desperation but generally I was determined to stay committed to the cause. We did have some shocking nights where every time we would place her down in the crib she would scream and carry on. After a few nights, bub seemed to be crying less and not calling out for a feed.
In the last fortnight, I decided to also drop the 10pm dreamfeed. I was finding that it was taking us too long to put her back to bed with all the burping required.
So now, bub is going to sleep around 6.30pm and waking around 7am (waking only for a reassuring cuddle or a relieving burp). Champers all round!
2 comments:
Yay! Bravo Hana!! Nikola cries in the middle of the night sometimes but it's usually because he's stuck in an uncomfortable position in the crib..and daddy would go to rescue him.
Kisses to the crinkle nose!
Bravo indeed! Mommy victories are for all mommies (and mommies to be). The promise of light at the end of the tunnel keeps us all going.
Post a Comment