the taxi, bus and 8 and half hour flight to Brisbane that lies ahead of me. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of tying up things at work, packing, cleaning and farewell lunches, dinners & parties. I am going to miss so many things about Japan and life in Tokyo (walking everywhere, convenient everthing, midtown at our backdoor step, she-she parties, cabs, frequent wining and dining, phantom flush, common courtesies, sushi, ski season, food glorious food, onsens, plastic umbrella covers) but most of all I am going to miss my friends most of which I have had the pleasure of working with on a daily basis. To think no more trashy nights out in the pong with Honor May, or random karaoke sessions with the Bacon or turbulent nights with the usual suspects at Yellow followed by a melting pot of ramen/udon.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
After over 2 years in
Tokyo, I a
m packed up with my trolley bag and hand luggage preparing for
the taxi, bus and 8 and half hour flight to Brisbane that lies ahead of me. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of tying up things at work, packing, cleaning and farewell lunches, dinners & parties. I am going to miss so many things about Japan and life in Tokyo (walking everywhere, convenient everthing, midtown at our backdoor step, she-she parties, cabs, frequent wining and dining, phantom flush, common courtesies, sushi, ski season, food glorious food, onsens, plastic umbrella covers) but most of all I am going to miss my friends most of which I have had the pleasure of working with on a daily basis. To think no more trashy nights out in the pong with Honor May, or random karaoke sessions with the Bacon or turbulent nights with the usual suspects at Yellow followed by a melting pot of ramen/udon.
the taxi, bus and 8 and half hour flight to Brisbane that lies ahead of me. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of tying up things at work, packing, cleaning and farewell lunches, dinners & parties. I am going to miss so many things about Japan and life in Tokyo (walking everywhere, convenient everthing, midtown at our backdoor step, she-she parties, cabs, frequent wining and dining, phantom flush, common courtesies, sushi, ski season, food glorious food, onsens, plastic umbrella covers) but most of all I am going to miss my friends most of which I have had the pleasure of working with on a daily basis. To think no more trashy nights out in the pong with Honor May, or random karaoke sessions with the Bacon or turbulent nights with the usual suspects at Yellow followed by a melting pot of ramen/udon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Nina,
Hope that the flight to Brisbane wasn't too taxing and with no swollen ankles and fat toes! ;-)
I am missing you already :-(. Enjoy your time with your mum and dad and friends and let's skype soon.
Kisses,
Z
Post a Comment