Friday, October 22, 2010

Today hand delivered was this beautiful arrangement with thoughts for a swift recovery all the way from Tokyo from my dear friend, Zaireen. Thank you hug Zai. Really I feel very blessed to have such close family and friends. Our neighbour Charlotte and Mother's group friend Lesley have been sending over the most delicious meals and treats. Nic visited me in hospital making me laugh and bringing in bbq pork, chinese veges and rice for dinner.
This week I had a follow up appointment with the Infectious Diseases Specialist and things seem to be tracking well with the course of treatment. The mitral valve prolapse in my heart doesn't look all that bad on the ECG and relatively good compared to the way it sounds apparently. Although, a tender arm at the point of pic insertion meant I was off to the A&E department last weekend to get the area assessed for possible infection. Come my appointment Wednesday, the ultrasound picked up a blood clot and a pic line change was required. Ugggghhh, the terror of going through the process again. This time on my left arm, I put on my brave Mama armour again and returned to the hospital after a pep talk and hearty lunch with hubby.

1 comment:

Zasha said...

You're very welcome darling. I only wish I could be there with you. I'm happy to know that you're being showered with lots of love, care and kindness.I hope this episode will soon be over and things will be back to normal again. Stay strong and take care. Kisses.