Friday, August 20, 2010


I first set up this blog to document significant events while we were living in Tokyo, but it really became a diary from the time Hana was born. My own reflection of milestones in our young child's life so I'll always have it to look back on. I guess it's like a modern day photo album. With our second child within weeks of it's due date I want to take the opportunity to pay a tribute to our little Hana Eloise. At 2 and 7 months of age you really have become a little person who we are so proud of. Everyday, you shine your light on us with your enthusiasm and observation of the world.
Mornings you often jump in to bed next to me and cuddle up until I'm ready to open my eyes. Your growing independence means you can now help Mama slowly get out of bed by grabbing my dressing gown, holding your hands out to help me up and opening the curtains. Then leading a weary Mummy to the kitchen, getting your bowl, cup and cutlery ready for your breakfast of weet-bix, porridge, yogurt and fruit. When asked how many this morning, the number of choice is frequently `5 please' and a dash of honey on your finger. Then, Daddy often emerges from his morning cycle greeted by a happy little girl who is ready to play and jump all over Daddy. Then the question of `where are we going now Mama?' comes up as we prepare for a morning outing to the coffee shop together before dropping Daddy off at work before going to one of a few places including the gym, library, playgroup, bookshop, park or supermarket. We really do enjoy our morning outings together, before we head home for lunch and a rest. Then if you haven't fallen asleep on the way home, it is lunch on our balcony followed by a story and afernoon sleep. By afternoon, we often go next door for a ride on your scooter or play in the park/sandpit. At kindy 2 days a week, you seem to have come in to your own interacting with your little friends and enjoy all the fun activities. You have a good grasp of expressing yourself and we often find ourselves asking where did you learn that? Lately, you've been saying, my Mummy is having a baby and you like talking to Mummy's belly saying that, `Boopy is getting bigger and bigger and I 'm going to be a big sister'.

You are pure joy little Hana and we cherish every moment of your life. As your Mummy, I'll always have your best interest in mind and want us above all to be able to be open and honest, kind, considerate and loving.

4 comments:

Zasha said...

What a beautiful tribute to your darling Hana Eloise (LOVE her middle name). Only 2+ years but my, how they've grown! And how lucky we mama's are to witness them blossom day by day.

I have no doubt that Hana will be a wonderful big sister. Soooo..... excited for the upcoming arrival of your new addition! Lots of love always.

Abbie said...

Beautiful words. I'm sure Hana will embrace being a big sister, just like she embraces most aspects of her life. I can't wait to see your family grow and for Henry George to have more friends to share in his adventures. tghghjjnjkfftyggyhh (love Henry George)

Sammy said...

You have to stop now Neenz, I'm nearly in tears! So heart felt and she really is a cutie, love the latest pics now and I'm sure when Hana grows up she will cherish these words. Enjoy your baby shower this weekend, would love to have been there x o Sammy

Nina said...

Oh, thanks for the sisterly support my dear girlfriends, it means a lot to us.