Wednesday, May 14, 2008


Let the games begin!

This week marks another milestone as we try to train Hana to settle her self to sleep. Normally, it takes a lot of spent energy rocking, singing, bouncing, tightly swaddled, dummy, swing and the list goes on. With up to 5 feeds in the day, settling is absolutely exhausting especially since she is getting heavier and more alert.
So, this Monday I put on my brave Mummy hat, warned the neighbors and instructed Daddy to plug in his headphones.

So after a session of play after a feed and some serious burping, I put her down in her crib awake and close the door. Then I go sit down, have brekky and turn up the music. After a short while, little Miss starts her baby chatter. Very cute indeed as she directs it at pictures of animals on the wall. After a while, she soon tires of that and starts letting out howls. If they get louder and more frequent (quite likely) I go in to pick her up. Try to calm her as she continues to scream expletives at me. As soon as she is calm again put her down awake. This morning she popped her fist in her mouth and to my surprise fell asleep. Yippee!!!!!

Now just to get myself down to self settle .....

1 comment:

KK said...

Yep, we need to be brave and let them cry a bit :-P

Karin doesn't sleep for more than 30 minutes so trying different ways to settle her down.